Sunday, October 02, 2005

Jeremiah 23:39-40 - CHRIST WILL PERSONALLY DESTROY ALL FALSE PREACHERS

Jer 23:39 Therefore, behold, I, even I, will utterly forget you, and I will forsake you, and the city that I gave you and your fathers, and cast you out of my presence: 23:40 And I will bring an everlasting reproach upon you, and a perpetual shame, which shall not be forgotten.

God’s elect and all of his Gospel preachers declare the freedom in Christ exactly as the Bible reveals it!! All those who declare bondage under Law are condemned!! Christ is very specific and clear about the fate of all those who preach free-will works-religion. Christ declares and repeats it for emphasis that he, yes he himself, will personally take action against these liars (I, even I, will).

Christ makes seven specific statements about what he will do to all those who preach or declare the merit of man’s works. He will.....

1) utterly forget you -

2) forsake you -

3) [forsake] the city -

4) cast you out of my presence -

5) bring an everlasting reproach upon you -

6) [bring] a perpetual shame [upon you] -

7) [all of which] shall not be forgotten -

By Ray Bennetts